Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cake Decorating

I have been watching the We Network and a show called Amazing Wedding Cakes. Watching this show makes me want to do cakes again. I miss decorating cakes. During BLACK Friday last week I bought myself a Kitchen Aid Mixer because they were the cheapest I EVER saw them. I was thinking about bringing it back for the fact that I didn't know if I should spend that much on myself. After watching this show, I am so glad that I have not brought it back yet. I actually am EXCITED to start baking again. I have a friend who needs a cake for a baby shower, so this will be my first cake I have done in years. If things go right with this cake she would like me to do a wedding cake for the same gal this coming summer. What a great way to get back into a thing I love.

The next step is to start working and playing around with Fondant. That would be an amazing thing to be able to get to do. The things that you can do with Fondant is AMAZING. I am in awe of each of the cakes I have seen on the show. One point I would love to be able to help one of these shows out with one of the cakes they are doing. The closest cake place that is on the show is in Chicago. What would be even better than that would be able to have my own cake place here in Minneapolis and be on the show with the greats in other cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment